To add a network printer you need its network name and model number.
The mailroom printers are:
meprint1 HP LaserJet 4100 Series
offcolorps HP Color LaserJet 4600
Open Printers and Faxes
- Click on Start Menu, point to Control Panel, click on Printers and Faxes
- Click Add a printer
- Select "Settings"
Note: You may see "Control Panel" without selecting "Settings" menu.
- Click "Control Panel"
- Double click on "Windows Firewall"
- Click "Exceptions" tab
- Make sure "Remote Desktop" is checked
- Click OK
Download and configure Putty
- Go to http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html and click on "putty.exe" to download it.
- Save it to your desktop
- Double click on "putty.exe" on your desktop
- Under "Host Name (or IP address)" type "linux.engr.ucsb.edu" (without quotes.)
- Under "Saved Sessions" type a name for this session like "Engineering Linux Server" (without quotes.)
- Click "Save" button.
- Click the plus sign next to "SSH" in the menu on the left.
- Click "Tunnels" in the menu that expanded below.
- For "Source port" type "3333" (without quotes.)
- For "Destination" type the full host name of your computer followed by a colon and number 3389.
You can also type your ip address if you know it. i.e. 22.214.171.124:3389
- Click the "Add" button.
- In the menu on the left, click "Session" near the top.
- Click the "Save" button again to save tunnel settings.